[Gnash-dev] www.gnashdev.org going down temporarily

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] www.gnashdev.org going down temporarily
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:04:03 -0700

Our www.gnashdev.org machine, where our Wiki lives, will be down for a
few days this coming week for maintainance. I only mention this so
anybody who might want something from the wiki should do so today.

The physical machine gnashdev.org is being shipped on Monday by fast
carrier pigeons to Colorado, to it's new home at Planetmind.net, here in
Nederland. The plan is it should be back online Wednesday sometime, but
as a firm believer in Murphy's Rule, we'll see... Murphy has a wicked
sense of humor...

These machines have been at a co-lo in North Carolina, but as the subnet
they live in is going away, it seemed easier to just ship it all the
Colorado where I can babysit the hardware much easier. Plus now all
support computers and networking equipment will be all wind and solar
powered, which is nice for all us renewable energy fans.

We also inherited a build farm of 5 PCs, each with multiple OS versions,
which after gnashdev.org is back online, I'll also get these up so we'll
be better able to do testing and development. For now we're stuck with
me as the sysadmin, but I'll be training somebody else while I bring all
these machines back to life so in the future we'll have more reliable
onsite support than we have had in the past.

If anyone has a sick impulse to help with sysadmin of the build farm,
I'd appreciate the help in keeping each installation up to date. One of
the biggest headaches of the SourceForge build farm was none of the
machines was kept up to date, so they became useless for testing.