Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] mouse event catching in framebuffer

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] mouse event catching in framebuffer
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:53:27 +0100

Hello strk,

Friday, March 21, 2008, 11:07:53 AM, you wrote:
s> We should be supporting Mouse.hide(), Mouse.show() and equivalent
s> fscommand instructions, so yes, mouse pointer should be visible unless
s> explicitly disabled.

Keep in mind that the FB GUI also lacks a popup menu.

The mouse should be relatively easy to do, but I haven't the time for
the menu.

It might be more interesting to implement the menu in the DirectFB
GUI we discussed.

The FB GUI is primarily intended for embedded devices who run Gnash
all the time, mostly with a touch screen. Normally you don't
need/want a mouse pointer or menu in such an environment, but I agree
the GUI should at least support the mouse pointer if desired.

Udo