Re: [Gnash-dev] Status report on NetStream redesign (with patch and RFC)

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Status report on NetStream redesign (with patch and RFC)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 17:45:50 +0200

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:38:58AM -0400, Russ Nelson wrote:
> strk writes:
>  > Now I need your help about what to do with the current work.
>  > For myself I'd commit it as I don't like having uncommitted code around
>  > (scared to loose it somehow), but how would you take a commit making
>  > the FFMPEG (remember: non-default choice) NetStream handling:
>  >
>  >    - audio-less
>  >    - FLV-only supporting
>  >    - keeping GUI unresponsive on net burst or on seek-forward
>
> I'm fine with it, as long as you have a design for adding those
> features back.

For audio and threading I do, just suffering from being audio-less myself
since upgrade to Ubuntu Hardy.

For non-FLV I kind of do but didn't really dig into capability of "fitness"
in current design. That is I'm not sure if FFMPEG is able to extract information
about frames in a stream w/out decoding them (timestamps, key/nonkey) etc.
This was one of the early questions I posed here (episode 1). Bastiaan stated
it should be possible IIRC.