Re: [Gnash-dev] What's up with MIT-SHM ?

From: Dossy Shiobara
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] What's up with MIT-SHM ?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:11:58 -0400

Bastiaan Jacques wrote:
I asked Dossy about it on a message on gnash-commit@ from Wed, 18 Jun
2008 04:22:07 +0200 (CEST). Dossy hasn't sent a response yet.

I have the build issue fixed locally, although I'm hesitant to enable
MIT-SHM because of bug #23624.

I may have deleted that message without reading it - sorry. Let me go look in the archive ...

Ah, you asked:

Okay, but why was it necessary to undef ENABLE_MIT_SHM?

I shouldn't have - I should have fixed configure to make sure gnashconfig.h was generated correctly. In gnashconfig.h on Win32, I see:

/* Use MIT-SHM X extension if available */
#define ENABLE_MIT_SHM 1

So, either:

1) autoconf needs adjustment to not define that on Win32, or

2) Win32 builds need to work with ENABLE_MIT_SHM defined

Sorry about the hasty #undef - I must have left it in while hacking the Win32 build back to life.

Should Win32 builds use MIT-SHM? Given that the resulting binaries are not meant to run under Cygwin X11, I would guess the answer should be "no" - am I understanding correctly?

--
Dossy Shiobara              | address@hidden | http://dossy.org/