[Gnash-dev] More OLPC gnash commentary

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] More OLPC gnash commentary
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 01:12:20 -0700

[Anything we can do in the next few days to produce patches for these
 OLPC issues will help gnash retain its spot as the OLPC's default
 flash player.  I don't expect they'd replace us in this release, it's
 too late for that; but if Adobe made them a nice offer, they might well
 consider it for the next release.  Flash complaints are their #1 support
 question.  --gnu]

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:13:42 -0700
From: S Page <address@hidden>
>>  - can't run actual swf files in browser, can only run embedded flash
> I was able to reproduce this in Browse, for example, on:
>  http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/00sunny.swf
I filed http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8497
As a workaround you can run standalone gnash from Terminal:
   gnash http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/00sunny.swf
starts and runs, but it's very sluggish and there's no sound.

In fact I haven't heard sound from any Flash movie in Browse with the
gnash plug-in or command-line gnash (may be
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/4798 ?)
--
=S  user:skierpage

------- Message 2