[Gnash-dev] Hi from swftools.org

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Hi from swftools.org
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:33:14 +0200

Greetings Gnash Developers,

I just wanted to say "Hi". :)
I'm your friendly neighbor from the swftools.org project.

Let me say that I'm amazed at what you guys put together here
by now.
I just played around with the newest version, and I was
stunned by how many SWFs from my collection are already
rendered absolutely perfectly.
I also like that new Python interface to Gnash. That
thing just rocks.

I see that you've adopted my swfc as testing tool. That's
really cool- I'm honored.
Do let me know if there's anything I can add to this tool
to make adding more extended test cases possible or easier.

Anyway, one of the reasons for poking my head in here is
that right now I'm in the progress of writing a compiler for
AS3.0.
As you already have an AVM2 implementation, I'll probably set up a
testbench for this using gnash, so I might drop a line here
more often now.
Also, do let me know if there are any features you'd like to
see in an AS3.0 compiler that are not yet available in e.g.
Flex's asc.

Happy hacking,

Matthias