Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash packages for Fedora / OLPC

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash packages for Fedora / OLPC
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:08:49 +0200

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 08:35:21PM -0700, John Gilmore wrote:
> > 0.8.4 is ready in fedora devel. I'll build in F-9 soon.
>
> If these are good packages for end-users, maybe we can add them to
> getgnash.org?

I don't think it is very important, since they should be in fedora once
they have passed the update process. See
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/FEDORA-2008-9066

> Patrice, could you also rebuild this package for fc6, f7, and f8?

Infrastructure is closed for f6 and f7 (and a request I made to leave
EOL branches open in the future was rejected), and I'd like to avoid
changing f8 at this point, first because it will be EOL very soon,
because kde version changed and it would not be a simple copy of the f9
branch, and lastly because I want to avoid touching f8, in my opinion an
old gnash is preferrable to changing f8 now, unless there is a security
issue. In fact f8 is still at 0.8.2. Now if you really want an update of
gnash in the f8 branch, I accept patches and would agree to rebuild it
if you have tested it on F-8.

> (I'm trying a rebuilt for fc6, which is the Fedora I'm running.
> "rpmbuild --rebuild gnash-0.8.4-3.fc9.src.rpm" is currently
> complaining that I don't have kde-filesystem, kdelibs3-devel,
> kdelibs4-devel, and /usr/bin/docbook2pdf.  But when I say "yum install
> kdelibs3-devel kde-filesystem kdelibs4-devel" it spends minutes on
> crap and then says "Nothing to do".  Maybe yum is just inscrutable or
> useless.)

No, yum isn't the culprit (yum is almost never the culprit). But things
have changed between f8 and f9 such that you can't simply use f9 branch
on f8. Now on fc6, this is certainly even more different.

In f6, "kdelibs3-devel kde-filesystem kdelibs4-devel" should only
kdelibs-devel, since kde4 only appeared in f9. But you'll also have to
remove all the patches allowing to port to kde4 they don't make sense on
fc-6.

--
Pat