[Gnash-dev] Sharing design perception

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Sharing design perception
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 23:27:32 +0200

Hello hackers,

I've had a chat with Bastiaan on IRC and it made me think that
I might have been wrong in assuming you all shared my vision
on gnash design...

I've been working (around May 2008) on a draft design diagram
which you can see in doc/DESIGN.

I tought I called you for review but evidently I failed there
(dunno why I remember Udo commenting on it though, must be
a consequence of IRC overuse...).

So, I'm calling you for review now, as I think it is very
important for us as a team to share the high-level vision
on the project. It may serve as a place to discuss design
changes and refactoring, to better see where we should move
to...

Unfortunately, we haven't had a chance in Oslo of making each
one our own perception-drawing on how gnash worked. I had that
in mind but failed to make it happen.

Fortunately, it's still possible to draw in ascii, so if find
doc/DESIGN diagram not matching your perception please discuss
it here, making your own version of it if appropriate.

Thanks for your attention.

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!