[Gnash-dev] Re: Gnash & AVM2

From: Tom Stellard
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Gnash & AVM2
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 01:00:03 +0800

I am going to forward this message to the gnash-dev mailing list.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM, nick xia <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear tstellar:
>
>      I'm form China .I am working on  add flash to DVB-MHP appaction. Gnash
> can support AS3 now?
>
> Thanks
>                                                            Nick

Gnash does not currently support AS3.  There is an AVM2 branch were
all of the AS3/SWF9 work is being done, but it is not stable and
doesn't do much besides print traces.  However, a lot of work is being
done in this branch and support for AVM2 is improving very quickly.
You can take a look at the latest AVM2 code using bzr with:
bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash/avm2
It would be great to have more people working on the AVM2 branch, if
you are interested in helping.  A good place to start might be
implementing some of the AS3 classes.

-Tom