Re: [Gnash-dev] XVideo Patch

From: Craig Kelley
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] XVideo Patch
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:59:22 -0700

That would be great.  There is too much CPP nonsense, and no real need
for it with an OO approach.

Gstreamer should have a reliable colorspace conversion interface soon,
but it may not land for months (and take years to get into "current"
distributions).  I really, really tried to avoid using libswscale for
that, but it was the best choice from what I had.  Another option
would be to include libswscale inside Gnash...  but these are the
costs of supporting both ffmpeg and gstreamer.  One works reliably,
the other is more elegant, less mature, and depends on often missing
plug-ins.

  -Craig

--
http://inconnu.islug.org/~ink finger address@hidden for PGP block