[Gnash-dev] Using (or not) Freetype

From: Tonko Juricic
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Using (or not) Freetype
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:03:36 -0500

Do we really have an option of not using Freetype? Following the
approach of not defining anything until absolutely required, I haven't
defined USE_FREETYPE. However, when linking (using Agg as the renderer
and FLTK as GUI) libcore, which is built as a static lib, wants to
call gnash::FreetypeGlyphsProvider::getGlyph() (and few more similar
methods). Linker then reports undefined externals.

Please advise. Not that I mind pulling down some Freetype from
somewhere, as I did for GIF and other dependencies, but I'm trying to
understand the requirements of the target and options available.