Re: [Gnash-dev] MSVC Win32 compilation progress so far

From: Tonko Juricic
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] MSVC Win32 compilation progress so far
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:32:52 -0500

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:12 AM, Benjamin Wolsey <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm applying some of your changes now. It would be helpful if you could
> use up-to-date sources for your patches, especially as some have been
> applied already. Using bzr it shouldn't be too hard to merge the changes
> you've made to a branch of trunk. Also, in current head, getting all
> system read() and write() functions to compile on msvc should only
> involve changing one file, not to mention the fact that it works better.

Ok, I was reading docs about bazaar and will try merging with the trunk.

> I see a lot of "#undef min" and "#undef max". What causes that problem
> on msvc? I'm not keen on putting that kind of hack all over the source
> code.

MSVC has min and max macros defined in stdlib.h and in WinDef.h. Once
the macros have been seen, it considers std::max() and std::min() to
be a redefinition and an error. Bad thing about this is that you can't
undefine macros in one place. undef must come after all the other
headers that may indirectly pull in stdlib.h or WinDef.h. I am not
aware of any elegant solution to this ugliness.