[Gnash-dev] FIXED: ./autogen.sh issue on ubuntu intrepid (libltdl3-dev)

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] FIXED: ./autogen.sh issue on ubuntu intrepid (libltdl3-dev)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:39:52 +0100

It turned out to be a conflict between libltdl3 and libltdl7.
I had libltdl3, libltdl3-dev, libltdl7 but NOT libltdl7-dev.

Now I dropped libltdl3* and installed libltdl7-dev and autogen
works fine.

I suggest we change the error message when that happens.
The current message is:

 **Error**: libtoolize failed, do you have libtool and libltdl3-dev packages
installed?

I *did* have libltdl3-dev package installed so the error was confusing.
Also, it works with libltdl7-dev..

Any problem changing that message to at least drop the version number to
become:

 **Error**: libtoolize failed, do you have libtool and libltdl-dev packages
installed?

--strk;