Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection URI and .connect

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection URI and .connect
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 22:27:17 +0100

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 09:46:17PM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> nc = new NetConnection;
> nc.onStatus = function(obj) { trace (obj.code); };
>
> ret = nc.connect("http://someserver";);
> trace(ret);
..
> NetConnection.Connect.Failed
> false
>
> It's not to do with DNS lookup, as (a) it's too quick and reliable, and
> (b) doesn't matter whether I use http://localhost or a made-up server.
> The security sandbox is obviously involved.

In my test I had the SWF published on the localhost web root,
and used .connect("http://localhost";);

Doing so, I got the trace before the onStatus.
But was unreliable, as depending on the .connect url
sometime I got onStatus called with no arg (or
undefined arg) and sometimes not called at all.

Still need to figure more.

For the testing infrastructure, I suggest we
setup an amfphp installation on gnashdev.org
and put some testing service there. There's
an HelloWorld service which simply echoes things
back.

Of course unpredictable IO won't help, but we
have other similar testcases for resources loading.

First step is likely installing amfphp locally and do
more human-based tests to figure what's worth testing
and how. I have it installed, just need time to play
with it and unfortunately lost the scripts I had
produced already in the past with the disk crash.

--strk;

 GIS & Flash consultant/developer     ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk          /\   Keep it simple!