[Gnash-dev] cygnal in trunk

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] cygnal in trunk
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:02:21 -0700

I migrated the piles of changes I've been making for Cygnal to trunk, as
it's actually starting to work pretty good. What's in trunk supports
RTMPT (AMF over HTTP), and can mimic the Red5 'echo' test. I've written
some automated stress tests, one time hitting it with hundreds of
simultaneous network connection requests to echo AMF0 data. Once I found
out I could use wget to do "POST" requests, and also how to tell wget to
rewrite the Content-Type header to be "x-amf", I went crazy. :-) Over
the last week, I've added almost 150 new test cases for RTMP/AMF0,
including network tests.

I'm now bringing the server side RTMP support back to life to work in
the newly redesigned network engine. Cygnal is still pretty buggy, but
after a long time it's finally coming together. If anyone has an urge to
hack on server side stuff instead of client side, let me know...