[Gnash-dev] Frontline video smashed and inverted, audio corrupt

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Frontline video smashed and inverted, audio corrupt
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:02:12 -0800

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/albania801/

I'm running gnash trunk ("bzr log" says revno 10643) on x86 Ubuntu Hardy.
When I go to this page and click "Watch Video Online", it pops up a
separate web window, and runs Gnash in it.  The video comes out
only covering the top quarter of its space in the window, upside down,
mashed.

Also, the first time, the audio came out with a part-second echo of
every sound.  (Perhaps two copies of it were playing?)

I restarted Firefox, reaccessed the page, and was able to reproduce
the smashed upside-down video.  Also, when I hit "Pause" in the
controls, the video stopped but the audio continued!

Aha -- when I resume the pause, I get a SECOND copy of the audio,
in a new position in the movie!  When I quit gnash from the pop-up
menu, one copy of the sound continued playing even after the GUI
disappeared.  ("killall gtk-gnash" got rid of it.)

It says it's a SWF 9, but the controls and such seem to be working.

Once I see Hardy ubuntu packages, I'll switch to the production release
for further testing.  I suspect that some of my problems are the
result of compiling it myself.

        John