Re: Re: [Gnash-dev] ActionLimit hits during execution

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: Re: [Gnash-dev] ActionLimit hits during execution
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:28:41 +0100 (MET)

> Actually i'm using ffmpeg with last up to date version. i cannot use
> gstreamer since is hard to port to AmigaOS4. is this a problem?
> And also, before file a bug on savannah i must be really sure is not a
> my port problem. Unlucky i don't have a linux station and so the best
> would be try a macosx gnash version but i haven't found a "ready to
> play" version

There is certainly no problem with YouTube on other platforms as long as the
media handler is set up properly, so in that sense it is clearly a problem with
the port. But it may be that there is a bug in Gnash that only appears on some
platforms. Whatever the case, being able to look at Gnash's log for a run of
YouTube would be a good start at debugging it. The best way is to run it from
the browser or to get the exact commandline to play a video (they expire after
a few minutes), as the techniques for playing YouTube in a standalone player
get out of date quickly.

bwy