[Gnash-dev] Gnash clock source control moved to Gui

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash clock source control moved to Gui
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:45:57 +0100

In commit 10746 I moved the gnash clock source under
control of the Gui. Prior to this the source used
was a simple SystemClock.

With this commit it is an InterruptableVirtualClock, letting
the Gui pause/resume the time flow as you pause/resume the gui.

The immediate visible effect is in video streaming.

Prior to this patch when you are watching a movie and
set the gui in pause mode (^p) the NetStream playback source
clock keeps advancing so when you resume a lot of time has
passed and since we don't drop audio frames (we don't want to)
they are consumed while the video frames for *past* time are
not rendered.

Note that with this patch we're closed to the passive machine
model I think gnash corelib should have, that is nothing moves
until time is injected by hosting application.
In the common case hosting application is the Gui so there is where
the clock source should be IMHO.

One thing I'm not sure about is where, in the core, that VirtualClock
should be found. I currently used VM, as it had a VirtualClock already
with this semantic. I only added a getter. But maybe, this is an element
that should join the RunInfo structure instead.

What do you think ?

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!