[Gnash-dev] address@hidden: [osflash] Lightspark, a flash player impleme

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] address@hidden: [osflash] Lightspark, a flash player implementation]
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:33:47 +0200

FYI

----- Forwarded message from Alessandro <address@hidden> -----

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 03:50:53 +0100
From: Alessandro <address@hidden>

Hi everyone,

as a research project I'm currently working on a open source flash player
implementation featuring OpenGL rendering, JIT compilation for fast
ActionScript execution and extensive multithreading to make use of current
multicore processor.

The code is published  on sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lightspark/

The current status:
-) The player works as a SDL standalone application, I've started today to

code a nsplugin for browser integration
-) Parsing and rendering are asynchronous and handled in different threads
-) Rendering is totally done by OpenGL
-) The development now aims at correctly rendering this sample/simple swf file
(80% done) http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/flash.swf

Development updates and status reports will be published here:
http://allievi.sssup.it/techblog

Considering that the software is pre-alpha, help and feedback is, if course,
welcome

Cheers,
Alessandro
--