Re: [Gnash-dev] AVM2

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] AVM2
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:39:30 +0100

Am Montag, den 23.11.2009, 21:30 +0100 schrieb strk:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:40:22PM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
>
> > AVM2 needs a DisplayObject as its main timeline. This
> > DisplayObject must inherit from Sprite or MovieClip. The class to use is
> > designated by a SymbolClass tag.
>
> Are you saying that SymbolClass can only designate these two classes ?
> Can't it be used to designate user-defined classes too ?

I'm not saying that, though I don't know the answer for certain because
I haven't tested it. I mean that any class that is nominated to become
the main timeline under the conditions I specified must derive from
Sprite or MovieClip, otherwise the interpreter throws an exception.

--
The current release of Gnash is 0.8.6
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

Benjamin Wolsey, Software Developer - http://benjaminwolsey.de