Re: [Gnash-dev] pre-release 0.8.7 libxml header files not found

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] pre-release 0.8.7 libxml header files not found
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:04:33 -0700

Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> I am rather ignorant of autoconf and packaging, but it seems completely
> crazy to me that we should ever add config tests for dependencies of
> dependencies. Is there really not a better way of doing it?

  Not really... It's mostly just the header files included by the other
projects, ie.. gstreamer needs libxml2 headers. If the platform doesn't
have pkg-config, then we have to find all the cflags ourselves. Ugly,
but it makes Gnash more portable.

  More interesting was the config test was broken anyway. :-) I fixed it
the proper way, it works on Ubuntu, I still need to test it on OE. At
least this does add the configure flag for the headers that lets one
specify the path manually.

> I don't think I would add the patch for the signal handler. The risks
> appear to outweigh the benefits: it works as it is now and technically
> there's no problem with it, even though it's not pretty.

  Ok, I'll leave it out of the release. Time to build new tarballs...