Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Failing to build mozilla plugin for gnash-0.8.7

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Failing to build mozilla plugin for gnash-0.8.7
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:57:14 -0700

Rupert Swarbrick wrote:

> I suspect that it's a result of ~/.mozilla/plugins not being in your
> "dynamic link library path". Try running with
>
>   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/.mozilla/plugins firefox

  Actually you don't have to do that for the plugin, but you do need to
have /usr/local/lib/gnash in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

>   make install-plugin
>
> From your source tree. It should stick the plugin in ~/.mozilla/plugins
> for you, I think. That said, you might need to install the rest of gnash
> to a more standardised location for this to work (for the same reason).

  The default is to install the plugin in ~/.mozilla/plugins, as that
way you don't have to be root. If you want to change it, you can use
--with-npapi-install=system (to go in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins) if you
do want to do a system wide install.