Re: [Gnash-dev] Configuring gnash trunk in Ubuntu 10.04

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Configuring gnash trunk in Ubuntu 10.04
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:50:55 -0600

On 08/04/10 19:37, John Gilmore wrote:

> I thought the only hardware accel we supported was vaapi.  Was I confused?

  We have Xv support, it just doesn't work well. Trying to use it
actually increases your cpu load due to scaling problems. I'm removing
all the hardware accel code from the release since it's now totally
broken after last night's checkin and I don't want anyone to try it. So
much for a stable trunk... I thought we weren't gonna check in untested
changes, but oh well...

> I thought SDL was long dead.

  Nope, we use it for low level sound handling and the SDL GUI still
works fine. I'd love to get rid of the SDL dependency for sound one of
these days...

> It had never asked for libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev before.  It
> should ask you to install that at the same time it asks for the
> initial gstreamer-dev files.  And there seems to be no proper
> "heading" for that warning section.

  Also we're missing several Fedora package names, and only list the
debian packages names.

> Hmm, when I tried turning on --enable-docbook, it wanted me to download
> about 4 hours' worth of stuff using apt-get.  I declined.

  Most people don't want to built the docs, so we have preformatted
versions that get used if docbook isn't installed.

  I'll see if I can make these tweaks you've mentioned to the configure
script. I was also going to enable --disable-testsuite by default as
well, which will drop the warnings for all the testing dependencies.