Re: [Gnash-dev] git transition

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] git transition
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:05:06 -0600

On 08/16/10 09:12, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> I have a huge bunch of changes that aren't yet ready to commit to
> trunk. If someone can help me getting them imported into git I don't
> need the savannah branch, except that I've no idea how well it will
> merge if the git branch diverges too much from the current bazaar

  What's the URL on launchpad for your branches ? After installing
git-bzr-ng and the fastimport plugin for bzr, I went into my git tree,
and used this command to grab a branch from launchpad:

git bzr import https://code.launchpad.net/~rob-welcomehome/+junk/OpenVG

It's not real fast, but appears to work fine. You can get fast-import
from: https://launchpad.net/bzr-fastimport, and then stick it in
~/.bazar/plugins/. The import creates a branch in git that's the same as
the bzr branch.

As an experiment, I imported my month old OpenVG branch into git, and
then merged that into master. I did wind up with some merge conflicts
when changes were made to the same files my branch and in trunk, but I'd
have similar problems with bzr.