Re: [Gnash-dev] [Windows Sources] Where can I Get the windows sources?

From: Xavier Kerestesy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] [Windows Sources] Where can I Get the windows sources?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:40:02 -0700

I know this was posted 2 years ago, but wanted to follow up on this request.  Has there been any further development on a 64bit Windows version of gnash?  With Firefox 4, it really looks like they are going to make a bigger push for 64bit and it would certainly be nice to have an adobe alternative.

Thank you!

HLL wrote:
> Did anyone try anything like that?
> Is there any Avialabe binary for windows64, or where can I get
> windows(32) sources?

The 32-bit Gnash for Win32 binary for 0.8.3 is up on getgnash.org:

    http://getgnash.org/packages/releases/windows/gnash-0.8.3-win32.zip

There are currently no 64-bit Gnash Win32 binaries available.  In order
to produce such a built, all of Gnash's dependencies will also need to
be compiled for 64-bit _and_ must work on 64-bit Win32 - which, is a lot
of effort and testing.

I suspect that if we want to have a 64-bit Win32 build of Gnash, it will
require more developers working on it.  I certainly can't tackle it by
myself, alone.