Re: [Gnash-dev] I would like to become a contributor

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] I would like to become a contributor
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:42:19 +0100

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 06:51:56PM +0100, Carlos Humberto Cejudo wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Carlos Cejudo and I have recently graduated with a degree in
> Computer Science from the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM). I am very
> interested in getting some experience as a developer and I would like to
> become a contributor to gnash.

Hi Carlos, your contributions are very welcome !

> I would like to help improving CPU usage in gnash because, at least in my
> computer, it uses too much CPU when playing a video in youtube, for example.
>
> Please let me know how can I contribute to this project.

For performance improvements the usual first step is figuring out
_where_ the time is spent, so profiling (which is a very hard task
on itself).

Some times we've used the wiki for profiling reports, might be a good
idea doing the same for youtube in the specific. Seek for Profiling
on wiki.gnashdev.org

Consider joining the #gnash channel of freenode IRC network.
You'll find developers and power users in there.

See you soon !