[Gnash-dev] Extension (plugins) building

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Extension (plugins) building
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 09:21:36 +0100

While going after the "make uninstall fails removing extensions"
bug [1] I took a look at the extension's Makefile.am files and
found they are doing custom rules rather than relying on the
default ones (which likely works and are easier to maintain).

In particular, automake info file says we should use
pkglib_LTLIBRARIES and be done.
Instead we use plugins_LTLIBRARIES, explictly define
an install-pluginsLTLIBRARIES rule and do nothing
about uninstall.

What is the rationale for this in-house way of doing
things ?

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?31850