Re: [Gnash-dev] Beginner

From: Chris Leonard
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Beginner
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 00:41:10 -0400

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Vanderson Martins do Rosario <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello everyone, I don't know if it is the best place to do that.
I'm studying computer sciences and I want to help some free software project. So I searched, and I find the GNU High Priority Free Software Projects. And the Gnash is there. I believe that is a good project to start to help.
But I don't know where start, where or who ask.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you.
I'm Brazilian, so sorry about my english.

One idea on where to start would be to contribute to the localization (L10n) of Gnash into Brazilian Portuguese.

gnash.po at the link below

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/pt_BR/upstream_POT/

Running through the UI strings is also pretty good way to learn a lot about what the program says it does (to the user).

Gnash L10n is hosted on the Sugar Labs / OLPC / eToys Pootle server as our way of demonstrating support of upstream efforts.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator