Re: [Gnash-dev] debugging bug #34975 Rollercoaster rush game

From: niraj kulkarni
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] debugging bug #34975 Rollercoaster rush game
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:16:16 +0530

Attached the swf file.

1. Regarding decompilation, I tried to match code sequences in disassembly generated by listswf and  actual code path used  by -va argument. But since it was huge data, it is impossible to find out a fault (at least as a beginner). Additionally listswf generated a file with some non ascii symbols, thus making a bit difficult to correlate with other file. So any suggestion for this debug path?

2. Is there any main render call, which will act like a gate to other render engines, ie all display call will go through that call before being redirected to respective render engine? I think it would be a bit easy to backtrack from that call to find out what is happening in swf.

Niraj

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Sandro Santilli <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 07:11:58PM +0530, niraj kulkarni wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am a new-bie developer here. I am trying to debug this problem.
> Please suggest me possible solutions.
>
> Basically I've used gdb + verbose gnash to find out that it tries to load 2
> other files other than original game swf file.
> It succeeds to fetch first file, which is again a swf file, but gives error
> while fetching other file. I've tried to manually fetch he error prone file,
> and found that no such file on given link exists. (even CURL gives same
> error for gnash)c.
>
> I've found out that for running the game these other files are not
> necessary. I've tried running game swf offline on other flash player and it
> plays.

Excellent progress so far. I suggest you then attach the file to the ticket.
I'm assuming Gnash is still failing with the offline version ?

> So can anybody suggest possible causes of problem and suggestion for
> solution?

Could it have to do with load events ? like onError or such ?
You may try to disassemble the SWF to see what it does, Ming's
listswf_d is an excellent tool for that.

> Another thing is the bug report indicates a line from log "32495:1] 8591
> ERROR: No fn_call::callerDef in string function call" whereas I havent seen
> such line in verbose output,
> so what do I need to do to get these log dumps?

It sounds like a call generated by an event, you may turn that log_error
into an assertion failure and check with gdb what's the originating code.

--strk;