Re: [Gnash-dev] GSoC project ideas

From: Joshua Beck
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GSoC project ideas
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 03:33:54 -0500

On 04/01/2012 09:47 AM, Rob Savoye wrote:
As I
haven't been working with university students this year, I am willing to
mentor for this specific task. I'm not sure if "Gnash" has to apply,
although I do know the FSF has a category for GNU projects. If you are
interested, let me know the next steps, as I haven't participated in
GSoC before.

        - rob -
The Google Summer of Code website ( https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/ ) has a big list of all the mentoring organizations, and when you click on an organization's name, you go to a page describing the organization and a button to submit project proposals to it. I already submitted my proposal to GNU. You can see the proposal here: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/joshuabeck/10002

I would like to know your, and the list members', comments on the proposal. I would especially like to know your opinion on the timeline and whether it is realistic. I don't know if GNU will accept it though. If you tell them that you'll mentor, I'm pretty sure they will. They have a mailing list for GSoC here: https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/summer-of-code/ Also you will have to register as a mentor for GNU on the GSoC site.

Thank you,
Joshua Beck