Re: [Gnash-dev] fb-gnash with TSLIB ERROR: write ABS_X

From: Siebren
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] fb-gnash with TSLIB ERROR: write ABS_X
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 13:58:06 +0200

On 04/25/2013 09:13 AM, Siebren wrote:
Hi Rob,

Isn't that provided by TSlib?  TSlib has a ts_calibrate application to calibrate the touchscreen, so TSlib translates the touch event raw coordinates to the screen coordinates (in my case max 800x600).
Or am I now thinking at the wrong level and does Gnash need an additional 'calibration' between the data provided by TSlib?

Regards,
Siebren

Hi,

I found that the "ERROR: write ABS_X' seems to be caused by the lack of a UserInput device. Strace shows:
11:12:46.770807 write(-1, ".\220\207Q>\302\v\0\3\0\0\0 \3\0\0", 16) = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
So it seems that the filedescriptor _fd wasn't properly initialized. I've enabled  config_input_uinput in the linux kernel to make the device /dev/uinput available. This fixes this error.
Maybe an extra check is useful to see if the _fd is not -1 anymore? Can I add that? and where would be an appropriate place for that? (sorry, still newbie ;) ).

Now on the fb-gnash I only get the 'General Mouse Down' event when I press the screen (on or next to a button). While on my pc (with mouse) I got General Mouse Down, General Mouse Up, General Press and General Release (and Rollout and Rollover, but that might be difficult with a touchscreen), when I press a button.
Why are the other 'General X' events missing in framebuffer-gnash? is that because of the
gnash::key::INVALID in addData(true, gnash::key::INVALID, 0, event.x, event.y);  in TouchDevice.cpp?
How can I use the Press and Release to be able to press buttons as well with gnash on the framebuffer?

Regards,
Siebren