gnash

Re: [Gnash] Warnings under g++ version 4

From: Chris Wareham
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Warnings under g++ version 4
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:19:47 +0000

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
Hi all,

I running Ubuntu breezy on my main development machine and it has
g++ version 4.0.2 as its default compiler. However when I compile
gnash with this compiler I get rather a large number of warnings.

With C++ I usually find that warnings are well worth getting rid
of. Would a patch that removes these warnings be accepted?

The other thing I would also like to do is add a --enable-gcc-werror
option for the configure script. This would not be enabled by default,
but when it is enabled would add a -Werror to the CXXFLAGS to turn
all warnings into errors.

I normally run configure like this:

CFLAGS="-g -Werror" CXXFLAGS="-g -Werror" ./configure

Would this suffice rather than adding an extra configure option?

Finally, it might be nice for developers if the autgen.sh script
automatically configures with --enable-gcc-werror when the code
is pulled out of CVS.

I haven't jumped in and done this yet as I'd like to get feedback
from the other developers. All feedback (good, bad or indifferent) appreciated :-).

Cheers,
Erik

Chris