gnash

[Gnash] AS Function and C Function

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash] AS Function and C Function
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:27:54 +0100

I'm in the process of cleaning up the code.
This mail should go in a developers list, but
since Gnash has only one list I'll write it here.

The question is: should we really make a distinction
between user-defined function and built-in functions ?

The question is particularly related to inheritance,
that is: are the following to be handled differently ?

        var obj1 = new Date();
        var obj2 = new MyClass();

I think both 'Date' and 'MyClass' should evaluate
to the same Gnash class, which would be as_function.

The as_function would be the constructor, and will
provide a prototype to be used in the created
instance's __proto__ member. Does it sound ?

If we agree on this we should define our built-in
classes as instances of our as_function class.
These would likely be singletons as we don't need
multiple String,Date,Number constructor instances.

What do you think ?

--strk;

 | Fight against software patents in EU!  |
 | www.ffii.org www.nosoftwarepatents.org |