gnash

Re: [Gnash] Block locations

From: flamma
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Block locations
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:55:24 +0100

Conrad Knauer wrote:
You can get this sort of functionality from many browsers already (e.g. its bult into Konqueror under the configuration settings. For Firefox you just install the Adblock extension; in addition, Firefox's Flashblock extension only displays flash files when a placeholder icon is clicked).

Would adding this functionality to the plugin itself just be 'reinventing the wheel'?

CK

I didn't know that that extension could prevent flash movies to be loaded. Anyway, I don't use Firefox but Galeon, and I think that option is unavailable.

So I thought it would be a nice feature. The user could prevent some flashes from being loadaded independently of the browser used, or the extension installed. And I can't imagine that this could add such complexity (talking from ignorance).

And I'm sorry for repeating the suggestion, but I haven't seen the strk one.

--
Inconexo