gnash

[Gnash] mozplugger Gnash hack

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash] mozplugger Gnash hack
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:04:46 -0700

I added Gnash to mozplugger, and now I can use the standalone player to popup a window and play flash movies while I web browse. Very cool, and easy too. :-) Just add this to your ~/.mozilla/mozpluggerrc file at the end:

application/x-shockwave-flash:swf:Shockwave Flash
        loop: gnash -v "$file"
        : gnash -v "$file"

Then you have to remove ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat. When you restart Firefox, this file will get recreated the first time you access any plugins, and so now it'll run Gnash.

Right now it pops up a window, but I know there is a way to make mozplugger embed the output in the browser window. I'll keep digging through mozplugger unless somebody else out there has more experience at this.

This will let us all start using Gnash for web browsing while I continue work on the real plugin. I'm currently investigating GtkGLext as another way to embed OpenGL into Firefox.

        - rob -