gnash

Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:14:35 -0700

annonygmouse wrote:

But there are sites who check for the Flash version (youtube for example).
Would it be easy to mask gnash as the version expected by the website?

There seems to be multiple ways web pages check for the version of the flash player. I do return the correct string, (now bumped to v8), but there is obviously a different way using Javascript. I'm not a Javascript programmer kindof dude, but I spent some time yesterday using a few web site's version detection with no luck.

Alot of the Javascript on web pages with Flash isn't "Javascript", it's M$ "Jscript", and not 100% compatible with Mozilla. So some of the problems are in the scripting code itself. On quite a few sites I can't get anything to load at all because the scripting is IE specific.

Anybody with an idea on this please speak up. I'll implement whatever I need to to return the correct behaviors, once I know what they are...

        - rob -