gnash

Re[6]: [Gnash] PPC blue video

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[6]: [Gnash] PPC blue video
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:36:40 +0200

Hello David,

Tuesday, August 28, 2007, 5:27:42 PM, you wrote:
DEG> 9661] 17:20:29: X server pixel format is (R16:8, G8:8, B0:8, 32 bpp)
DEG> 9661] 17:20:29: X server is using BGRA32 pixel format
DEG> 9661] 17:20:29: framebuffer pixel format is BGRA32

This is the same pixel format my own machine uses (not having any
problems). My X server reports the same R/G/B organization.. weird!

DEG> The ball is not yellow, as you can see here:
DEG> http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pantallazo1rg2.png

This is *really* strange! The eyes and the mouth of the smiley are
expected to be black, but your screen shot shows them in pure blue.
Furthermore, it's face is pure white, not just a different color.

Maybe the pixel format is RGBA32 istead of BGRA32? No, because mouth
and face would still be black in that case.

Maybe the pixel format is ARGB32? Could be, because the "alpha"
channel is 255 for all pixels. But I never heard of such a pixel
format.

Maybe the graphics card does not like the alpha channel to be 255?
Could be too, I once had a gfx card that had a mixed truecolor/palette
video mode. When the "A" component of the pixel was non-zero, that
pixel used a palette just like in 256 colors mode.

Questions for David:

- What graphics card do you have installed?

- What does "xvidtune -show" tell you?

- Can you post any video-relevant messages from /var/log/Xorg.0.log
  (or similar). If you prefer, you can send me the whole file via
  private mail.

- You are trying with current HEAD version, right? If not, please do
  so.

DEG> As I said before, it works ok without the MIT-SHM option.

Yes, I know, but it's good you found this bug. Please help us
improving Gnash by testing for us, thanks :)

Udo