gnash

Re: [Gnash] Flowplayer

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Flowplayer
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:33:38 +0100

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 10:20:24AM +0000, Simon Nuttall wrote:
> Are there any plans to enable Gnash to play videos in flowplayer.org's player?
>
> I've got gnash running on my AMD64 in Firefox on ubuntu gutsy and it
> does play some .swf files, e.g. the one at
>
> http://www.debugmode.com/wink/
> and even
> http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
>
> but it won't play any of the demos on the flowplayer site, e.g:
>
> http://flowplayer.org/demo/basic+setup
>
> The symptoms are that a black area appears where the video should be,
> but the black area itself disappears after a second or two. Right
> clicking does give me the gnash menu, but I still can't bring the
> video to life.

Gnash video support is known to be still unstable.
Beside this, flowplayer is free software IIRC, so whoever wants
it supported should just learn how to compile, add traces
here and there, and find out what is going wrong.

The author stated he would have done some research initially,
but didn't followup so far.

--strk;