gnash

[Gnash] Gnash for en embedded system GUI?

From: dave boland
Subject: [Gnash] Gnash for en embedded system GUI?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:29:14 -0400

All,

Currently I'm using AJAX to provide a near-realtime user interface to a
network connected data acquisition system (it has no display other than
a few LED's).  Thus, the web page supplied by the TCP/IP stack (built
into the RTOS) is the GUI.

I was asked if Flash (Adobe) could be used to improve the GUI.  After a
few disgusting attempts to work with Adobe, I gave up in frustration.
Seems if you want any information, one has to purchase the product
first.  Whatever!

Perhaps Gnash can be used in place of Flash, but I need a few answers to
some basic questions.  First, Gnash seems to be just the player, not the
set of tools used to create the interface/art - correct?  Is there an
open source tool to do the design work?  It looks like Flash needs some
special software on the server, and it runs only under desktop/server
OS's.  I have a RTOS running on a 16-bit microcontroller, so how can it
work with the Gnash player?  The AJAX system simply uses CGI's written
in C to provide the functionality (form verification, setting changes,
data requests). Finally, has anyone done something like this before?

Thank you for your time and comments.

Dave,
--
  dave boland