gnash

Re: [Gnash] Re: [Gnash-dev] Fwd: [backstage] BBC Trust won't probe iPlay

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: [Gnash-dev] Fwd: [backstage] BBC Trust won't probe iPlayer open source gripes
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 21:17:23 -0700

Cory Fields wrote:

> Due to the publicity from this, and the fact that XBMC seems to be the
> main focus of attention, I've opened a line of communication with the
> BBC.

  Interesting, as we now have RTMP streaming support in trunk (very
new), which the BBC (HULU and others too) require.

> Sidenote to Rob if you're reading: nice meeting you at SCALE. I'm
> screwing with the new hardware accel right now.

  In our branch or your's ? :-) Since most people here aren't on the
-dev list, I've been working on hardware acceleration for video
decoding. For low-end netbooks this helps alot, not so much on a dual or
quad core desktop unless you do fullscreen. But as Gnash is popular on
this class of lower end netbooks and phones. Pretty soon I'll be
migrating the branch to trunk, then snapshots will show up regularly on
our getgnash.org site.

        - rob -