gnash

[Gnash] Re: Gnash 0.8.8 Released!

From: changelings . tm
Subject: [Gnash] Re: Gnash 0.8.8 Released!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:47:23 +0000 (UTC)

Rob Savoye <address@hidden> writes:

>                       Gnash 0.8.8 Released!
>
> We just released an improved GNU Flash player, Gnash 0.8.8.  Gnash
> plays SWF (Shockwave Flash) files compatible with the Adobe Flash
> player.  Gnash is portable software released under the GNU GPLv3.  It
> runs on GNU/Linux, embedded GNU + Linux systems, and BSD, including
> x86, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and 64-bit systems.  It comes with a
> standalone player as well as a browser plugin compatible with
> Firefox, Chrome, Konqueror, and all Gecko-based browsers.

So Rob, when can we reasonably expect to see an installer for XP ...

We are working on learning Linux and our next machine will be 100% open-source,
but in the mean time, we WOULD like to get Adobe outta here ...

Firefox is now nagging us to update Adobe's Flash Player plug-in, even though we
have it disabled unless we WANT it running ...