gnats-prs

gnats/140: Unable to open tickets with attachements thru gnatsweb

From: tylerb
Subject: gnats/140: Unable to open tickets with attachements thru gnatsweb
Date: 2 Feb 2001 23:15:49 -0000

>Number:         140
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       Unable to open tickets with attachements thru gnatsweb
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Feb 02 15:24:00 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     address@hidden
>Release:        gnatsweb.pl 1.135
All PR's w/ file attachements are failing to open and returning messages
similar to:
Software error:

Modification of a read-only value attempted at
/web/apache/httpdocs/psal/PQ/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl line 487, <SOCK> line 2192.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (email withheld), giving this error
message and the time and date of the error.

the line after <SOCK> changes.
I have looked thru the source and line 478 is in the decode_attachement
subprocedure, but I don't understand perl well enough to know why I am getting
that error.
I have also tried different versions of gnatsweb and have the same problem.
query_pr does work.