gnats-prs

Re: gnats/197: g++ internal compiler error.

From: Ged Haywood
Subject: Re: gnats/197: g++ internal compiler error.
Date: 29 May 2001 13:14:00 -0000

The following reply was made to PR spam/197; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ged Haywood <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden, address@hidden
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 14:11:13 +0100 (BST)

 Hi there,

 On 29 May 2001 address@hidden wrote:

 > Thank you very much for your problem report.
 > It has the internal identification `gnats/197'.
 > The individual assigned to look at your
 > report is: unassigned.
 >
 > >Category:       gnats
 > >Responsible:    unassigned
 > >Synopsis:       g++ internal compiler error.
 > >Arrival-Date:   Tue May 29 05:54:01 PDT 2001

 I tried to get all the information into your form, but it's a very
 irritating form.  I spent a quarter of an hour filling it in and then when
 I clicked SUBMIT it (1) didn't accept it for some spurious reason and
 (2) threw away all my carefully crafted efforts.

 So my next attempt wasn't so careful.  ANyway, I think I missed out this:

 Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-slackware-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
 gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

 and I think I didn't say that I'm sorry if you already knew about this
 one, I really don't care about it and so you can ignore it if you like.
 I don't want to upgrade to 2.95 because I still want to be able to compile
 my kernels.  But I wouldn't like you to release 3.0 with a silly thing
 like this still in there.

 73,
 Ged.