gnats-prs

gnats/240: Top-level configure doesn't create proper Makefile for subdir

From: d00cj
Subject: gnats/240: Top-level configure doesn't create proper Makefile for subdirectories, ignoring --prefix?
Date: 21 Aug 2001 07:46:00 -0000

>Number:         240
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       Top-level configure doesn't create proper Makefile for
>subdirectories, ignoring --prefix?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Aug 21 00:54:00 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Carl-Johan Sveningsson
>Release:        gnats-3.113.1
It seems that the configure script ignores my provided --prefix, and if I check
./gnats/Makefile, it shows that it assumes GNATS_ROOT=/usr/lib/gnats/gnats-db.
This is very annoying, since the documentation tells me that this should be
/opt/SKF/share/gnats/gnats-db (since my prefix=/opt/SKF).

Why is this? I think I remember the bug present as much as a year ago, and it
screws up the entire installtion process.

Best regards.
Carl-Johan Sveningsson
>How-To-Repeat:
Try configuring gnats with a non-default prefix.