gnats-prs

Re: gnatsweb/246: Category drop-downs should display category desc inst

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: gnatsweb/246: Category drop-downs should display category desc instead of ID
Date: 23 Aug 2001 12:34:01 -0000

The following reply was made to PR gnatsweb/246; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yngve Svendsen <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden,address@hidden
Subject: Re: gnatsweb/246: Category drop-downs should display category
  desc instead of ID
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:28:37 +0200

 At 12:22 23.08.2001 +0000, address@hidden wrote:
 >Category IDs are not always obvious to the submitter of a PR, therefore
 >problem reports are often assigned to an incorrect category. A more
 >"intuitive" method of displaying the category in gnatsweb would be to show
 >the category description instead of the ID in the submit/edit/query forms.

 Thanks. This has actually already been implemented in what will soon become
 Gnatsweb 4. However, I am not planning on doing any more 2.x releases, so
 this is fairly unlikely to make its way into that branch.

 Yngve Svendsen
 Gnatsweb maintainer