gnats-prs

Re: gnatsweb/486: Add "clone PR" functionality

From: McFarland, Ken
Subject: Re: gnatsweb/486: Add "clone PR" functionality
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:11:38 -0400

http%3A%2F%2Fbugs.gnu.org%2Fcgi-bin%2Fgnatsweb.pl%3Fcmd%3Dview%2520audit-trail%26database%3Dgnats%26pr%3D486

This would be great functionality to add!!

If possible, it would be even better if you could clone between databases.  We
often have say
a customer SE database and once an issue is determined to be a real product bug
- we then need
to open a PR in the Engineering database.

The fields are often different, but many are also the same.   I'd just put the
fields that are different in the
"unformatted" field.

The really tricky part it getting all the attachments moved over to the new PR.
  Often we have more
than one attachment.

my 2 cents,

--Ken