gnats-prs

gnats/491: Re: gnats/491

From: bug-gnats
Subject: gnats/491: Re: gnats/491
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:45:01 -0600 (CST)

The following reply was made to PR gnats/491; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alex <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: gnats/491
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:37:41 -0500 (EST)

 After some investigation, I found that require-change-reason
 is handled ok by the server. I was able to make a change to a field
 witout a -Change-Reason when running gnatsd on the commandline.

 It's the clients (gnatsweb/edit-pr) that see requireChangeReason in the
 field-flags, so they ask for a reason, and complain if one is not
 supplied.

 Not sure what the best way to handle this is, change the clients?
 Or change the server and take out require-change-reason from the field
 flags when there's a query-expression condition?

 Alex

 PS. add-audit-trail and audit-trail-format handling are indeed bugs
 in the server, so I opened gnats/551 for those.