gnats-prs

gnats/551: gnats/551: add-audit-trail/audit-trail-format are not skipped

From: bug-gnats
Subject: gnats/551: gnats/551: add-audit-trail/audit-trail-format are not skipped
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:25:01 -0600 (CST)

The following reply was made to PR gnats/551; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>
To: Alex Manoussakis <address@hidden>
Cc: Mel Hatzis <address@hidden>, address@hidden
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:15:36 -0600

 Alex Manoussakis <address@hidden>  wrote:
 > Please review my patch.

 Alex, I have been trying to "dot i's and cross t's" regarding the
 automake/autoconf conversion so that I can put your change to test.
 Right now, "make dist" is almost there in creating correct tarballs.
 The script-building steps involving value substitution for directory
 locations still needs to be answered and fixed.  I'm leaning toward
 simplicity over convenience right now, and should have something
 committed to CVS by the end of the week.

 Your changes look sane from visual review, so I don't expect any
 problems.

 I would really like to get a testing framework installed, (i.e.
 autotest, check, and whatever Mel has cooked up), but we need to add a
 command-line switch to GNATS utilities to find the databases file.
 (PR#544).  I've started working on this as well, but the change is
 intrusive.  The database file path is set as a global define and
 referenced directly rather than being passed around as a run-time
 variable.  I tend to shy away from using global variables, but this
 may be the quickest way to get the information incorporated into
 existing code without changing function calls.

 Anyway, more stuff to do. ;-)
 --
 Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/