gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] gNewSense complete theme revision idea

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] gNewSense complete theme revision idea
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:51:19 +1030

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:28:45 -0500
Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo <address@hidden> wrote:

> El mié, 23-09-2009 a las 23:32 -0400, Forest Purnell escribió:
> > Hi Everybody! My name is Forest. I'm new to this mailing list, and
> > just wanted to add a couple comments.
> >

> Hi!

Welcome to the party :)

> > That said, I agree the logo right now isn't pretty. Perhaps some
> > master logo designer can spend a few hours being a digital bonsai
> > artist and share the results.
> >

> I'd like the logo to be attractive both in appearance and meaning. I
> could try to design a new logo but, as far as I know, there are no
> master artists in the team :) and the new tree could end looking as a
> paint splash when used in small sizes (trees are tricky).

I'm open to a modification of the logo for 3 as an idea (I was going to
use the one we have on the website atm), but not really open to
changing what the logo _is_.

(trim next bit of email)

> I made a set of themes and other artwork called NuevoSentido[1] in
> which I propose a new look for gNewSense. This theme includes a
> modification of the original logo and a consistent color palette (or
> so I think). But this theme is not official.

I do hope to make one of the NuevoSentido themes the official gNS 3
theme, but worrying about themes is currently a long way down my todo
list.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)