[Gnewsense-dev] yeeloong wifi works :)

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] yeeloong wifi works :)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 21:43:56 +0100

D-- updated his own kernel for the Lemote Yeeloong.
With the following one my wifi works perfectly! :))

<D-->
http://cinnamonpirate.com/pub/misc/loongson/kernel/linux-image-2.6.27.1-medan_2.6.27.1.medan.20090205_mipsel.deb

<D--> do that one first. It's the new kernel. Couple small changes.
Nicer loongson icon during boot. You need this one to match the modules
<D--> NEXT
<D-->
http://cinnamonpirate.com/pub/misc/loongson/kernel/linux-extramodules-2.6.27.1-medan_2.6.27.1.medan.20090205-1_mipsel.deb
<D--> that's the package I just invented
<D--> It will install all the new wifi modules and the overclocking
module, then runs depmod automatically
<D--> nice because if you remove it, it will take them back out and run
depmod again

\\\\\\\\\
Doing the previous passages it worked for me.
If it didn't for you try the following ones.
\\\\\\\\\

<D--> these should be the best yeeloong kernels out right now I guess.
it's compiled with a lot more optimizations than -yeeloong and has the
extra modules
<D--> If it oesn't work immediately, do the following:
<D--> #ifconfig
<D--> note whether your wifi is wlan1 or wlan0
<D--> next,:
<D--> vi /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
<D--> if you have a wlan1 and wlan0, swap their numbers.
<D--> then reboot
<D--> This should replace your currently installed kernel since only the
version# changed.
<D--> (if you still have 20090203)
<D--> To know if it worked, run "lsmod"
<D--> if you see 5 lines about ieee80211 and r8187, you got it
<D--> if you just see rtl8187, then it didn't work

- --
Graziano Sorbaioli -- www.sorbaioli.org
Join the Free Software Foundation: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=7201
Supporters will receive our new USB membership card with gNewSense Live